Monday, February 23, 2015

Three days...

That's how long it took me to shave Abby's brand for her new adopter.  THREE DAYS...working for three hours or so each day with a small, cordless beard shaver thing. So, 9-10 hours total.  I have pressure-released us both nearly to death.  Why would it take so long?  Other than the 'it moves and makes noise' argument, I would assume that the entire branding process is fairly traumatic for a wild animal, and afterwards intelligent people would keep the damn clippers far, far away from the mustang...other than when they need to be able to read that brand.  So, here it is for anyone who's curious.

Birth year '95, serial # 556008
I could have twitched her and got it done so much faster, but I didn't want the process to be any more stressful for her than it had to be.  Now I'll just sit back and wait to hear what the adopter finds out about little Abby. 

It probably was pretty funny to watch if you weren't involved...Abby: I don't wanna. Really. No, I don't wanna. Okay...Do it, do it, DO IT!(bzzz) OMFG, STOOOOP!!!

Rinse, repeat.  I need a nap. 


ETA: Abby was captured as a yearling on Sept. 7, 1996.  She is from the White River Nevada HMA.  

No comments:

Post a Comment