Sunday, February 8, 2015

Lots of Abby pics

Earlier this week, while updating FB with Abby's progress, her initial rescuer contacted me and sent me the following photos.  These pics were taken the day she took Abby in.

I have no idea why her eye looks weird in this pic. 
So sad, and it happens all the time...
Abby before our session today.
Abby was great today - she rocked the obstacle course like she's done it a hundred times.  We walked over and stood on the tarp, stood in the kiddie pool, drug the empty (and very loud) jugs around, rubbed her with the terrifying pom poms, walked over poles, etc.  She did better than one of the domestic horses that were doing the course with us. 

'Hey nice lady, see my feet?  I think you owe me something now.'  Notice the white scars on her nose.  She has some on her cheeks as well - looks like she had an embedded halter at one point.

She has astoundingly gorgeous eyes. 
The point of all of the obstacles in the last few days was to build her trust and confidence in us both. We'll find out tomorrow if any of it transfers to our time under saddle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment