Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Vegas is here!

She arrived early this afternoon.  She's either got a bad case of rain rot or possibly (most likely) neck threadworms.  I will have pictures later, all the ones I've taken so far have been horrible due to lighting.

First thing, I took off her old halter and practiced approach/retreat.  Before I left she was allowing me to approach and put a different (rope) halter on her.  First impression is that she is calm and sweet, though that may change as she gets settled in and starts feeling comfortable.  Her front feet are really long (previous foster was unable to catch her) but she picks them up so I should be able to get at least a rough trim on them tomorrow.  

And Saiph, you were right - Vegas has some really nice striping where her neck meets her shoulders!

2 comments:

  1. Very very cool on the striping! I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither. According to Jennie, the extra striping is what caused people to originally think she was a Kiger.

      Delete