Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Standing tied

I have been told that Vegas is a talented breaker of halters.  After verifying that she was not pulling due to fear (first tied her to a slipping tie ring and observed her), I put two rope halters on her, grabbed my gloves and pocket knife, and tied her to the patience pole. 

It didn't take long for the show to start.  She was good for a few minutes then she just decided to leave, which is exactly what she does when she decides she doesn't like something that I'm doing.  I expected real craziness: sitting way back on her haunches, grunting, feet sliding everywhere, etc.  Instead I watched as she lined her shoulder up next to the pole, put her head down and start marching.  When the rope halters engaged she would spin around, pull back a bit then rear.  Then stand and think about things before trying again.  By the time I decided to record her, she was pretty much done.


She was tied for maybe 15 minutes.  Tomorrow we do it again.

The potential adopter was a no-go due to her desire to resell Vegas at a slightly later date.  I'm sure the right person will come along and I'm enjoying my time with her until then. 

2 comments:

  1. She's a funny one. She does so much licking and chewing and yawning when she gives up, but that tail never stops swishing! I'm laughing at the annoyed look on her face at the end. She's a smart horse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really is, and very opinionated as well!

    ReplyDelete