Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Intro Ride in March??

Our first selfie - we need practice!
I may be jumping the gun, but there is a mid-March introductory/fun ride that is being held in conjunction with an AERC/SEDRA (SouthEastern Distance Riders Association) ride.  Distance is 15 miles - fifteen miles is nothing for a fit horse, but Ruby's been a pasture potato.  And she's so green that I won't be able to even start conditioning for another two weeks, at least.  But, if it turns out that Ruby's up to it by then, I'm taking her.  There is a cut-off time but I just want to take her for the experience of it all.  Jennie will be going if she can get everything set up, and Heather (barn owner) is thinking about going too.  It should be a good time.

Ruby's training is going very well - so well that it's hard for me to believe that no one's done much with her.  Actually, not so hard when I think back to the first time I lunged her and she tried to run me down...repeatedly.  Anyway, it looks like we'll be line-driving by Friday.  Until then, we're doing lots of ground-work and getting to know each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment