Monday, February 3, 2014

Sheriff's Posse and other stuff

So, after looking for months, I was finally able to determine that there IS a local mounted sheriff's posse!  Search and rescue is something that I've been interested in doing for years, but I wasn't able to find a local group until last week. Apparently they are rather unorganized and don't have the full support of the county sheriff, so I'm not sure what will happen there...but it's something to keep on my radar. 

We were unable to start line-driving Ruby last week due to three days of rain, uggh.  Today I was finally able to really work with her, so we lunged a bit in side reins.  Poor Ruby - the first reins I tried were way too short for such a greenie and she was absolutely convinced that she COULD NOT move.  I put on my own (much longer) reins, lunged her a bit, then we practiced giving to the side pull again. She'll be ready to start line-driving tomorrow.

Oh, before I forget, I was sitting on her, reinforcing the concept of giving to the side pull when a helicopter flew over really low.  She tightened up, so I hopped down (bareback pad) but it was unnecessary.  Good girl! 


No comments:

Post a Comment