Monday, January 20, 2014

It begins!!

Ruby (known in some circles as Ginger) arrived early this afternoon!  I had mentally prepared myself not to judge her for how she was going to act after unloading from the trailer.  After all, she is young, and green, and half-Arab and knows not the ways of the world.  Besides all that, Jennie was sure to tell me - a few different times - that it took Ruby a good two weeks to settle in at her place...I felt like it was a warning not to do anything crazy, like try to ride, until I was sure Ruby had her brain screwed back in.  Turns out all of that preparation was for naught - she unloaded calmly, walked calmly to the round pen, and then stood looking at us all while we talked.  At one point she trotted half way around the round pen, decided it was too much work, and started grazing.

Ready for dinner - she looks like she's all legs in this picture.

Bringing her in for dinner was just as easy.  So far, so good!


No comments:

Post a Comment