Saturday, May 30, 2015

More Ruby sans disgusting photos

Because you don't want to see what it looked like today, trust me.

This morning Ruby seemed much improved: sparkle back in her eye, feisty, eating well, etc.  She allowed hosing of the wound and Synbiont injection without trying to walk off, and has no fever (99.1 temp).  LOTS of nasty stuff is draining out, and the swelling has gone down considerably, including those pockets of 'stuff' lower on her chest.  She will receive her last dose of oral antibiotics with her dinner tonight, vet says no more of those but we will still plan on a shot full of the stuff he gave her yesterday at the beginning of the week.  On Tuesday, I started her on probiotics and extra hay in an attempt to keep her gut flora healthy (not suggested by the vet, this was my idea); we will see if it has any effect, I suppose.  So far, her poo still is normal. 

That's about it for today.  I'm cautiously hopeful that she is actually healing and this isn't just the calm before the storm. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad she is feeling better! I read your previous post first and my heart sunk. I hope she continues to show improvement! Fingers crossed for you guys...

    ReplyDelete