Friday, November 21, 2014

Solitary confinement


My poor redhead seems to think that's she's being punished for something.  See the hope in those eyes?  Pulls at my heartstrings!  While I have you here, also notice her pathetic puff of forelock; beautiful tail, decent mane, puny forelock???  She is half Appaloosa so it could be worse, I suppose!

For anyone interested, the ingredients list for Vet-Flex.

It still boggles my mind that this company does not have a website.  I didn't think it was possible to have a thriving business without a website.  More power to them, I guess.

I paid nearly $120 for 9 lbs of Vet-Flex (including shipping); which is 144 days of 1 oz. servings, so nearly five months.  Not bad considering that Cosequin ASU (seems to be the most popular joint supplement?) is $60/month for maintenance.  Ingredients list is very similar to Cosequin but the selling point for the vet we saw seemed to be the hyaluronic acid.  Cosequin ASU + has HA, and is $85/month, yikes. Vet-Flex also contains frankincense and perna muscle, which Cosequin does not have.

Since Ruby is 'older' (though you can't tell by watching her), I've been thinking about doing the research and finding an AERC-legal joint supplement for some time.  I understand that MSM is illegal but I'm not sure about the rest.  Maybe I'll get around to it one of these days!





No comments:

Post a Comment