Sunday, November 30, 2014

Ruby pics

She's so pretty.  I used to think that varnish roans looked dirty but now my heart tugs every single time I see a picture of one.  Love my girl!!!



Close-up of her right hind with arrow pointing to the bump.
 She's getting better with letting me put her SMBs on (she usually gives me some trouble with her injured leg). She continues to move completely sound from what I can see.  I will cut her down to one serving of the joint supplement at the end of this week and plan to walk her down the road tomorrow - she is spooking at nearly everything right now: barn cats, people cleaning stalls, people opening and closing gates, people pushing wheel barrows.  I'm hoping to get her mind working and expend a little of the extra energy that she's dealing with. 


Mustang mare Vegas may be here as soon as this coming up weekend.  So excited and nervous! I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew.  Jennie was told that Vegas was broke at one time but that's hard to believe since she's been steadily popping out babies since she was first adopted.  We'll find out soon enough.

2 comments:

  1. I too think Ruby is beautiful.

    The spooking...yup, went through that too with Lily's rehab. Going for walks really does help their brains.

    I'm super excited about Vegas! I have my fingers and toes crossed in the hopes that she's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, me too! Jennie has raised the cash for the first month's board and it looks like someone might already be interested in adopting her when she's ready. It would make my day if I made it possible for her to get adopted.

      Delete