Saturday, October 11, 2014

Pink Your Pony ride

Heather and I took Candy and Ruby to the ride this morning.  I did my best to pink Ruby without spending lots of cash or time doing it.  We were somewhat presentable.

I covered her breast collar with pink ribbon, but left the bridle because I didn't want her face to be irritated by tape, etc. 


It was a trying day for Ruby: leg wraps, boas in her mane and tail, but somehow she made it through.

Our horses were pretty great, but we were witness to tons of drama.  Lots of horses acting up on the trail (rearing, spinning), riders not paying attention to what was going on around them, etc.  About halfway through the ride, we heard yelling and hooves behind us.  I looked over my shoulder and saw a huge Belgian barreling down the trail.  We pulled the girls to the side of the trail and turned them so they could see him coming - there was enough room for him to go by if that's what he wanted.  Luckily, he was happy to walk when he caught up to us.  His rider was still yelling about someone else cantering that had apparently set him off.  I didn't see anyone canter all day, so I dunno.  I'm just glad he didn't decided to try to run through/over us.

Ruby's biggest problem all day was walking s-l-o-w. She thought it was tortuous, but not long after the Belgian incident we were able to pass some people and she got to stretch out a bit. All in all, we had a good time because our horses behaved in spite of what was going on around them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment