Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Foiled

I went to the barn this morning thinking that Ruby and I would work on increasing/decreasing circles at the walk...That's when I noticed this.


Ruby has three parallel scratches right behind her withers on the right side.  It's a possibility that one of the barn kitties fell from the rafters and scratched her as they fell (it has happened to another horse, with Heather as a witness), so that's our best guess as to what happened.  The scratches are ever so slightly swollen, so I decided to pass on riding today in hopes that we will be able to go for a trail ride tomorrow.  This picture also happens to show the dip behind her shoulder that I was referring to yesterday.  I'm not real sure what, if anything, to do about it in regards to riding (shims maybe?), but I should have a better idea after our ride tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment