Saturday, July 26, 2014

Your first horse blog experience?

Which horse blog first caught your attention?  For me, it was Zephyr's Wonderful Wanderings & Wonderings .  I'm not sure how I first came across it but once I did, I was hooked.  I loved reading about their adventures together.  The author's ride stories were so detailed that it made me feel like I was there with her.  It was her blog that first introduced me to 'real' barefoot trims.  It was her blog that made me really want to try endurance - the bond that she and Zephyr shared was exactly what I wanted for myself and Karma. And treeless saddles - I had never heard of such a thing (in my admittedly very limited experience).   I actually ordered two of her Rhythm Bead necklaces for Karma, one of which she wore in the Veteran's Day parade in 2011(?):

My terrible riding on display for everyone to see - but look at how calm and purdy Karma is!
Anyways, Zephyr's mom made me really think that I could do this endurance thing -  and she made it sound like such an amazing adventure.  I was so bummed when she began slowing down in 2010 but I have come to realize that this is the way of most blogs.  Most of us post for a while, then move on to other things.  I hope she and Zephyr are well and are still tearing up the trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment