Tuesday, February 25, 2014

So close

Much better this time! Freckles x 2
Things are going very well on the Ruby front.  I had her teeth floated on Saturday, so can start using the bit if and when I choose.  Yesterday she graduated from the side-pull to the S-hack - if things continue to go well, we'll probably mostly use the hack when not schooling in dressage.  We rode in the small arena yesterday and her pasture today.  Tomorrow we'll ride through a pasture she's never been in before we start riding off property.

Friday is another boarder's birthday and she's trying to get a group together to go trail riding at one of the local wildlife conservation areas - if the timing is right (morning vs. afternoon), Ruby and I will go on our first trail ride then.  I am so crazy excited to go on an actual trail ride that I'm almost giddy - I haven't been out on a real trail since my last ride on Karma, early to mid 2012.  It makes it even more exciting that I've never ridden in any of the parks in this area.  Soon.

Waiting for pasture buddy, Candy



No comments:

Post a Comment