Monday, March 10, 2014

Crazy Week

A lot of the horse stuff has been put on hold since last Monday due to some family craziness, but things are slowly settling back down, phew!

We've ridden maybe 4-5 times since our ride at Tenoroc.  Most of these have been short, but off-property or out in the pastures.  Ruby impressed me during our one road ride - she had to deal with excited horses (in pastures), loudly barking dogs, large trucks, and even being chased by a mini-mutt who in turn was being chased by a yelling woman.  The one time she did the tap-dance was when we had excited, galloping horses on our right and a truck approaching too fast.  So far, she has been pretty good about keeping her cool.  Her tendency is to put her excitement into walking - and she can move out, wow.

A couple of times on our outings, we have had an issue with her throwing her head way up - to the point where she could whack me with it if she were so inclined.  My belief is that I'm actually causing this by anticipating her moving off after our stop, and not releasing my grip on the reins.  Hoping this does not become a habit.

Barn owner is going to record me during our ride tomorrow - if I'm not too bad, I may post it here, we'll see :)  In the meantime, more confo pics.



No comments:

Post a Comment